Michael Craig-Scheckman, founder and president of Deer Park Road Corp and portfolio manager of the STS Partners Fund, likens his investment strategy to running a "bond junkyard".
As a deep value investor specialising in distressed mortgage and asset-backed fixed income securities (MBS and ABS), he says his job is to "sort through the wrecks and find the salvageable parts".
Craig-Scheckman looks to buy high-yielding distressed MBS and ABS securities at deep discounts to what he thinks they are
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?