Being a fund of commodity trading advisers (CTAs) means Abbey Capital's investor relations team has its work cut out providing education to investors on how these comparatively little-understood strategies work.
While most hedge fund investors are fairly comfortable with equity strategies, CTAs are generally perceived as more complex and unfamiliar. The nature of CTA/managed futures funds, especially the trend-following ones that make up the bulk of the CTA universe, at first glance appears
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules