Specialising in subprime financial crisis cast-offs could be seen as an inspired strategy choice. For Ayaltis, a specialised fund of hedge funds (FoHF) adviser with a focus on fixed income and credit opportunities with a macro bias, it has been a recipe for strong performance.
Areca Value Discovery Fund, launched in December 2008, invests primarily in mispriced and dislocated investment opportunities created from the subprime and credit crisis. It does this through 15 to 25 underlying managers.
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants