Hedge Fund of the Year: Shortlisted
The AlphaGen Volantis Fund is a UK small cap long/short equity fund which focuses on companies having a market capitalisation of less than £1 billion.
Launched in May 2002 and managed by Rob Giles and Adam McConkey, with the support of the UK small cap team, the fund's objective is to deliver a pattern of absolute returns with lower volatility than and low correlation to the FT Small Cap ex IT Share Index.
The fund returned a healthy 47.5% for investors in
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules