Futuris is run by portfolio managers Arne Vaagen, Karl-Mikael Syding and Mattias Nilsson. The three have worked together for over 11 years. They sit just a couple of metres away from each other, speak together for over 10 hours a day and pitch ideas to one another in a very informal manner, according to Syding.
This rather light-hearted approach to fund management has served Futuris well, with an impressive net cumulative performance since inception in 1999 of 539.2% and assets under management
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules