It has been a good decade for the Gems Low Volatility Portfolio. The diversified fund of hedge funds opened by Gems Advisors at the start of 1995 has $1 billion of assets under management (AUM). The fund has generated returns of 7.5% a year with annualised volatility of just 4.56%.
The fund is highly diversified. More than three-quarters of the assets are invested in macro, distressed, equity long/short, multi-asset and event driven strategies. It also has allocations to strategies such as
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines