Henderson Alternative Investment Advisors' European Absolute Return Fund uses a bottom-up fundamental stock-picking approach. This has yielded an annualised return of 19.15% since inception in 2001.
The performance is attributed to the fund manager Stephen Peak’s experience in contrarian stock-picking. His career began in 1975 at Norwich Union. He then moved to ADIG Investment in Frankfurt and later Cornhill Insurance Group after which he joined Touche Remnant & Co in 1986 where he was head of
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules