Winton Capital Management began trading in October 1997. The company's growth over the past decade has been based on what Winton terms its “absolute commitment to scientific research to create an investment management vehicle for the 21st century”.
Winton's investment philosophy aims to achieve long-term capital appreciation through compound growth. This is achieved by pursuing a diversified trading scheme without reliance on favourable conditions in any particular market or on general
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules