PCAM Blue Chip is Prime Capital's answer to the problems traditional funds of hedge funds (FoHFs) face. Although the fund was launched in 2007 just before the financial crisis hit, Prime Capital had already spotted the shortfalls of traditional FoHFs. These included such things as the emphasis on asset gathering, trying to be macro managers rather than focusing on manager selection, and a bias towards excessive fees for little work.
"The major difference is that we are striving to find the best
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines