Having spotted demand for tail protection, Man Group identified volatility as the perfect hedge and created its Tail Protect Fund by combining two systematic strategies that invest in volatility. Sandy Rattray (pictured), Man Systematic Strategies’ (MSS) chief investment officer and co-manager of the fund, thinks the fund has the perfect solution to make money in choppy markets without losing too much during the good times.
The Tail Protect Fund was put through its paces in August and September
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?