When pushed to define CQS’s ethos, founder Michael Hintze has a short but sweet response: strive for excellence.
This ethos has served Hintze well since he founded the company in 1999. He has remained a central figure at CQS to this day, acting as portfolio manager of the CQS Directional Opportunities Fund and senior investment officer for the entire company.
CQS is a global multi-strategy asset management company with its investment processes based on fundamental bottom-up research.The company
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- Lack of buy-side repo backstop a concern – Citi repo head
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB