The Australian derivatives market continues to be characterised by aggressive competition between a handful of global dealers which maintain an onshore presence and the big four domestic banks, which are fixed income derivatives dealers in their own right. With a top tier position in equity derivatives across all customer segments, and acclaim from domestic corporates for a renewed effort in fixed income, UBS edged out its international rivals to win this year's award.
Against a backdrop of
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019