Chicago-based CME Group’s Nymex Exchange has scooped the Exchange of the Year in our 2012 Asia awards for demonstrating determination and increased focus on the Asian region this year. Of particular note is the launch of a raft of new Asia-specific cleared swaps and an increase in its stake in the Dubai Mercantile Exchange (DME).
The exchange doubled its stake in the nascent DME to 50% in February as part of a broader equity restructuring of the bourse.
This is considered by many as a shrewd
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules