HSBC's ability to spearhead developments in both the offshore deliverable renminbi (CNH) and Islamic markets while recognising the increasing interconnections between southern hemisphere emerging markets keeps it in the winning seat as best foreign exchange house this year.
"HSBC is the best in terms of service and innovation," says one Singapore-based wealth management banker who trades CNH-denominated products, such as dual currency notes, with HSBC. "From a pricing perspective, they are
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules