The financial crisis had a significant impact on the profile of the risk function within financial services organisations. Yet the role of chief risk officer (CRO) is a relatively new one for insurance companies.
Robin Spencer, London-based chief risk officer of international insurance group Aviva, is seen as a leading figure within the CRO community. Since his appointment last year, he has built a strong risk management function at Aviva and has been an enthusiastic proponent of the risk
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts