"UBS does things and others copy them. They were first to get the fully automated pricing system out and active in their private bank," says one Hong Kong-based structured products banker. "They also captured a lot of private banking because they merged their private bank and investment bank teams about six months ago, so their private bank has access to their investment bank traders. Others are now trying to emulate this.
"There are a few banks with a very good prime brokerage business,
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules