Citi wins the 2011 Deal of the Year award for its Caithness Shepherds Flat Wind Project. By the time it is fully built in 2012, it will be the largest wind energy project in the world and the largest renewable energy debt finance to date.
Citi was the lender applicant in the Caithness Shepherds Flat Wind Project, assisting the US Department of Energy (DOE) through each stage. The bank led 26 institutional investors and commercial banks in funding the $1.3 billion (€910 million) loan required for
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts