In January this year, South African gold mining company Gold Fields became the world’s first gold mining company to sell Certified Emissions Reductions (CERs) in a carbon trade that was also a first for South Africa and that secured it Energy Risk’s Deal of the Year.
Under the transaction, which was brokered by TFS Green, Gold Fields will sell 1,700,000 CERs to Switzerland-based energy-trading company Mercuria under forward contracts which will run until 2016.
The deal is part of a Clean
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden