Goldman Sachs has been called a lot of things over the past 12 months. To some, it’s the distillation of all the banking industry’s ills – a secretive, power-broking, huge-bonus-paying, profit-hungry machine that enriches itself at the expense of everyone else. Even its peers claim Goldman took advantage of the post-Lehman chaos to rip off other market participants. It seems like everyone hates Goldman Sachs – until you speak to the bank’s clients.
“They’re the best in the Street – it’s quite
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia