Bank of East Asia
As the first Asian bank to suffer a bank run for years, Bank of East Asia (BEA) might seem an odd choice for this award. But BEA has drawn praise for its ability to recover from a smear campaign launched against it in the immediate aftermath of the collapse of Lehman Brothers in September last year – a time when investors were deeply mistrustful of financial institutions from Wall Street through to the high street.
At the time of the bank run, BEA’s capital adequacy ratio was
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines