"Investors were very much withdrawn, cashing up, and less willing to entertain the idea of investment products, whether capital-protected or not," says Gidon Kessel, chief product manager, investments and treasury products, wealth management at Citi in Sydney.
Citi has battled through these obstacles to maintain momentum, issuing new products every month while other providers have seriously scaled back. As of late July, Citi had offered 15 products since the beginning of this year, selling an
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance