The friendly acquisition of ScottishPower by Spanish utility Iberdrola, which closed in April 2007, was the second biggest M&A deal announced to the UK market in 2006 and the biggest ever UK transaction involving utilities.
Described by Iberdrola chairman Ignacio Galan as "a model transaction", the EUR17 billion takeover created one of the world's biggest power companies, with a total enterprise value of EUR65 billion, generation capacity of 40,000MW (with 16,500MW from renewables, making it a
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights