Until recently, most carbon market participants could be forgiven for paying little attention to developments in the Joint Implementation (JI) market. Hamstrung by regulatory uncertainty, the JI market has sat firmly in the shadow of its more advanced cousin, the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM).
But with major JI host countries and international regulators coming closer to establishing approval procedures, the market could be set to take off.
Increased regulatory clarity has already seen
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines