Lacima Group director Chris Strickland tells every quant he interviews the same thing: "At Lacima Group, there's going to be at least one person smarter than you." His words prepare prospective employees for the transition from solitary star at a utility, bank or software house to a member of a 20-strong quantitative analysis team aiming to put the "risk management" back into energy trading risk and management (ETRM) systems.
According to Strickland, the evolution of ETRM software has been shaped
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules