The depth and breadth of JP Morgan's structured product offering sees it knock Barclays Capital, the winner for the past two years, off the top spot. The acquisition of Bear Stearns in March, including its Houston-based commodities trading operation, looks set to increase JP Morgan's dominance in the months to come.
Central to the company's success has been its ability to develop commodity index-linked structured products that deliver market-beating returns. For example, long-only returns on the
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines