In the midst of a financial crisis last summer, Alfa Bank's op risk credentials were put to the test.
Philip Halperin, director of risk management at Alfa Bank, says: "We had the contingency plans in place for this type of crisis and negative effects were kept to a minimum."
Alfa faced a crisis when false rumours printed in Russian newspapers triggered an outflow of funds of more than $500 million. The op risk team responded to this situation with both skill and speed.
"The operational risk
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?