"When we looked around we thought the superior approach was the one the banks were taking, even though it was not mandated for us. It's just the right thing to do," says Mario Mosse, vice-president in the risk management function at New Jersey-based Prudential Financial – the inaugural winner of the insurance industry category.
Prudential's operational risk framework incorporates many of the elements that might be found at an advanced measurement approach bank (for example, there's a self
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules