Life & Pensions - Are trustee boards actively challenging their own assumptions of what constitutes good governance?
Jonathan Clarke - The RHM scheme has evolved in terms of governance over the past three or four years. We used to have a pretty conventional trustee board structure where, basically, the trustee board had all the authorities and the investment committee was purely advisory. We decided to go down the route of direct investments and alternative investments a couple of years ago, so
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules