Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) - Thai house of the year for the third year running - takes the award as much as for improving its business structure as for its traditional strengths of technical supremacy and innovation in servicing clients. As one top-level executive at a rival bank in Bangkok put it: "Siam Commerical Bank is really in a league of its own in Thailand when it comes to management and innovation."
In the past year, SCB has brought together its diverse bank, securities, asset management
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts