Bloomberg headlines such as "Oil analysts wrong all year" speak volumes about the challenges faced by energy marketers in 2005.
Aside from volatile markets, banks have faced an Asian scandal with China Aviation Oil in November 2004, tremendous interest from relatively unsophisticated investors seeking to diversify into commodities, and uncertainty regarding accounting procedures for corporate hedgers. A dearth of talent has compounded these issues – our winner lost a four-strong team to a
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?