If Asia Risk chose its hedge fund manager of the year based on the view from its office, DragonBack Capital - like last year's winner, Artradis - would have had a strong case for that alone. The 42nd-floor vista of Hong Kong harbour is as impressive as the multi-strategy fund's returns in the difficult markets since it launched in March 2007. DragonBack Capital has notched up a 48.77% return from inception to July 31, 2008, with 21.81% of that coming in the 12 months to that date.
The hedge fund
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules