When it came to choosing Asia Risk's house of the year for Hong Kong, no local rival came close to HSBC where risk management and derivatives are concerned. The bank continues to go from strength to strength in the local market, again dominating the Hong Kong dollar-denominated interest rate and forex categories in Asia Risk's end-user survey (see Asia Risk, June 2006).
Over the year, HSBC has also reinforced its lead in the offshore market for Chinese renminbi-denominated derivatives, and
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief