Avoiding problems in the derivatives markets in the past year has, in many ways, been down to what institutions and individuals haven't done rather than what they have. This has proved to be the case for the winner of Asia Risk's inaugural private bank of the year award, one of the few of its peers in Asia to both avoid aggressively promoting so-called leveraged equity accumulator products and to stop trading at a relatively early stage with now-troubled financial institutions.
JP Morgan Private
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines