When Thomas Huang returned to his native Taiwan four years ago, a risk culture effectively did not exist in the country - financial institutions were at the very early stages of developing risk management practices. In four years as chief risk officer of Polaris Finance Group in Taipei, Huang injected his experience earned working in New York and turned the firm into a risk-conscious organisation; one where risk management best practice is embedded in the business.
The risk management process
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Final FRTB internal model rules get mixed reviews
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE