The turmoil of the past year has placed huge demands on law firms to make sense of the legal ramifications. Allen & Overy's derivatives and structured finance team has been involved in many well-publicised cases in 2008, from advising dealers on the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy and the nationalisation of three Icelandic banks, to outlining the credit event auction protocols for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
That Allen & Overy has featured so prominently is hardly surprising given its role as primary
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines