Insurers looking to enter the private placement loan market must streamline their internal decision-making processes so they can act fast when opportunities enter the market.
Mark Versey, chief investment officer at Friends Life Group, said speed was "key" when investing in commercial real estate (CRE) loans, small- and medium-sized enterprise (SME) loans and export credit agency (ECA) loans.
This year, Friends Life has ramped up investment in infrastructure and loans. It has given a £500
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights