Insurers should stop denying that they can pose a threat to the wider financial system, which has only encouraged supervisors to see them as more systemic rather than less, senior regulator Felix Hufeld said on May 27.
Companies should accept that traditional risk transfer is now only one part of an insurer's business, the chair of the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) and German regulator Bafin said at Insurance Europe's annual conference in Luxembourg. He also
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights