The Financial Stability Board (FSB) has postponed the designation of global systemically important reinsurers, with regulators suggesting that worries about the assessment methodology may have stayed its hand.
The FSB said in a statement on November 6 that it would delay a decision on the systemic status of reinsurers "pending further development of the methodology" by the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS). The board stated that the IAIS would complete its revisions by
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia