Traditionally, hedge funds have been established in the offshore centres of Bermuda, British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands due to the historical US roots of the hedge fund industry and their proximity to the US, although Jersey and Guernsey are beginning to offer an alternative choice of fund location.
Notwithstanding the more recent trends for regulatory change to facilitate onshore hedge funds and hedge fund of funds in Europe, for example in Italy, Germany, Ireland, France and
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia