The Committee of European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Supervisors (Ceiops) has established a task force to draft guidelines for the supervision of variable annuities (VAs), following concern among regulators at the high concentration of this product line in Ireland, according to the task force’s chair.
Fausto Parente, head of the international department at Isvap, the Italian insurance regulator, in addition to his duties with Ceiops, said that while there was no intention to halt VA
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance