The UK's Continuous Mortality Investigation (CMI) has released its tables for scheme-specific mortality figures, which show a dramatic difference in the life expectancy of the richest cohort of pensioners versus the poorest.
Set up in 2002, the self-administered pension schemes (SAPS) research took the data from pensioners in larger schemes in the UK and is intended to provide more accurate mortality figures for pension schemes than the prevailing CMI figures, which are drawn from the data from
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks grapple with social media risk
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product