Port authorities, record companies, distillers, casino operators - this diverse mix of businesses are connected by one thing: 2008 has seen a firm from each sector off-load pension liabilities to a bulk purchase annuity (BPA) provider. And even this has not been uniform - some have washed their hands of the entire scheme, and others have simply hedged their longevity exposure. The permutations of this process are potentially endless.
The unifying factor is that all these deals are long term. Even
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- Lack of buy-side repo backstop a concern – Citi repo head
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB