Family office managers believe the line between what used to be an asset manager and what is technically a wealth manager has been blurred by the tendency for companies to use the umbrella term ‘family office’ to cover a multitude of services.
Bauknecht Capital president Gero Bauknecht says his single family office is now essentially an investment management company, designed to protect and manage the family’s wealth.
Condamin-Gerbier describes a family office as a platform that manages a family’s
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules