Hedge funds have struggled to make serious inroads among Indian high net worth individuals (HNWIs) due to a combination of high returns from the Indian stock market in the past few years, investor suspicion and a wary approach taken by regulators.
These factors have contributed to the reluctance of hedge funds to approach investors for capital. However, with the Indian stock market plummeting in 2008, Indian HNWIs may become receptive to the idea of diversification into hedge funds to enhance
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks grapple with social media risk
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product