Altgate Capital is set to launch in early 2001 as an investment service for the wealth management industry in Switzerland and the UK. The service will provide access to research and advice on high-quality alternative investments, initially focussing on hedge funds.
The company will be chaired by Jim Baker who was previously co-head of European equities at Goldman Sachs. The company will not be solely focused on the internet and believes that most of its sales will be transacted offline.
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules