What do you see as the key challenges currently facing prime brokers?
We need to respond to the challenges of clients, so we must be nimble and fleet of foot, or risk losing some or all of the business. As more and more instruments are introduced into the market, those of us who are best equipped to risk-assess those trades properly and have the ability to source the new instruments to satisfy clients will win the business and enhance their relationships with clients.
As more new players enter
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia