It may come as a surprise to many that one of the biggest hedge fund launches of recent years was actually a mutual fund.
The Highbridge Dynamic Commodities Strategy Fund (DCS), offered by JP Morgan Funds, the bank’s mutual fund arm, has amassed nearly $2.5 billion from investors since it launched in April 2010.
The fund, managed by Highbridge Capital Management, invests in liquid securities linked to commodities. It has the ability to take long and short positions in the sector.
The fund has a
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules