Most FoHFs are not leveraging their strongest asset, a deep knowledge of individual hedge funds, against their most promising business opportunity, clients who need exposure to match their unique portfolios and return objectives.
The problem is commingled funds, the pools of hedge funds representing generic strategies, delivering a blended return. Fund of funds providers should offer a more flexible, transparent product that precisely fits each client's broader asset mix.
The customised approach
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?