The Amsterdam Power Exchange’s (APX) launch of a dedicated service for industrial companies wanting to sell excess power shows a fast-developing market for consumer flexibility and demand management. The introduction of APX Light is chiefly designed to attract industrial consumers to the exchange; these energy consumers companies short on power are natural counterparties to the utilities that traditionally make up the exchange user base and would do much to boost liquidity.
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines