Entergy-Koch, a joint venture between New Orleans, Louisiana-based Entergy Corp and Koch Industries of Wichita, Kansas, hopes the new index will fill a useful niche in the growing global weather markets.
David Pethick, a senior quantitative analyst for Entergy-Koch in London, says the reason for the index is twofold. Clients had approached the company with
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants